Schezwan Rice Is a Chinese inspired Indian version. This dish is hot, spicy and yet very tasty with rice and mixed vegetables of choice. This can become a school lunch, one pot meal.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: India| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it as such | Type Rice| Shelf Life: 1day| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (180Kcal), Carbohydrates (21g), Protein (2g), Fat (3g)
- 5 table spoons oil
- 1/4 cup spring onion
- 1 cup very finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped capsicum
- Salt to taste
- 2 tea spoons white vinegar
- 5 to 6 table spoons schezwan sauce
- 4 cups boiled basmati rice
- For garnishing: Finely chopped greens of spring onion
- Finely chop vegetables and keep a side.
- Wash, and boil basmati rice.
- In a flat pan heat oil and add finely chopped spring onion, carrot, cabbage and capsicum. Cook for 2 minutes at slow flame,
- Add salt, vinegar and schezwan sauce to it and again cook for 2 minutes.
- At last add boiled rice and mix well carefully. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped greens of spring onion.
- Delicious Schezwan Rice is ready to serve.
Variations: Add some chicken, shrimp, meat, egg , tofu, nuts.