Sambar podi (సాంబార్ పొడి, சாம்பார் போடி, सांभर पाउडर) Sambar podi is a south indian curry powder recipe used for lentil and vegetable curry. It is served with plain steamed rice, idli , dosa uttappam etc.
It is added in to sambar to enhance sambar’s taste and also gives authentic aroma.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Preperation Time 15 minutes | Take it as curry powder | Type powder | Shelf Life : 2 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (33 Kcal), Carbohydrates (5 g ), Protein (1.6 g), Fat (1.1 g).
- Dried Red Chillies 750 gms
- Dried Coriander Seeds 1000 gms
- Toovar Dhal 200 gms
- Channa Dhal 100 gms
- Urad Dhal 50 gms
- Fenugreek Seeds 50 gms
- Turmeric Roots (dried) 50 gms or Turmeric powder 2tbsps
- Black Pepper (optional) 50 gms
- Curry leaves (dried) 100 gms
- Dry Roast the above ingredients
- Mix all the ingredients and make it into a fine powder
- Add 1tsp of hing and store in a airtight container.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Sambar powder (add mustard seeds and black pepper) 2. Sambar powder with toor dal and urad dal, dry coconut.