Sakinalu (సకినాలు, சகினலு, सकिनालू, ಸಕಿನಲು) These are made in Telangana region of AndraPradesh . It is a festive food made for sankranthi.
Basically the ingredients used in this recipe are very few Rice flour, water ajwain seeds, sesame seeds.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh, South India
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 1 hour | Take as Snack | Type crispy snack | Shelf Life : 2 weeks | Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories( 200Kcals), Carbohydrates (30g), Protein (2g), Fat (2g)
- Rice 2 cups
- Vamu/Ajwain seeds 1Tbsp
- Nuvvulu/ Sesame seeds 2 Tbsp
- Salt according to taste
- Oil to fry
- Wash and soak rice for 2 to 3 Hrs , than drain water and let them dry for awhile.
- Make fine powder of the rice in a grinder
- Take this flour into a bowl and add all the other ingredients and mix it with some water and make it in to a soft ball.
- Take some wet flour in to hand and make round on a dry cotton cloth.
- After making all sakinalus fry them in oil.
Other variants / Cuisine Style :