Saggubiyyam vada (సగ్గు బియ్యం వడ , சகோ வாடா, सागू वडा) is a simple and very tasty snack.It is famous in maharastra, Best for evening tea time.It is also taken when some one is on fasting as sagu is full of starch which gives instant energy.
Regional Dish: Maharastra,Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it with coconut or/mint chutney | Type snack | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity: 5 Servings.
Appx.Nutrition values: calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories(352 Kcals), Carbohydrates(63.6g), Protein(0g), Fat(5g)
- Sabudana (Saggu biyyam) 1 cup
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large potato grated
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- Rice flour 2 tsp
- 2 table spoons roasted groundnuts /peanuts powder
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Chat masala 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
1. Soak sabudana in water for 4 hours.
2. Take a bowl and add grated raw potato (make sure you squeeze them well, there shouldn’t be any water).
3. Add sabudana, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, chopped onion, rice flour, ground nuts powder, chat masala and salt.
4. Mix well and make dough. If you find the dough too much sticky, you can add few more tsp of rice flour.
5. Now make small flattened balls and drop them in hot oil and fry until they are golden brown.
6. Serve hot with pudina /mint chutney or coconut chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Saggubiyyam vada (with ginger, garlic paste), sagu patties,