Saggu Biyyam Vadiyalu (சவ்வரிசி வடியலு, సగ్గు బియ్యం వడియాలు, साबूदाना की पापड़) Spicy Papad made from Sago seeds . This papad can be eaten with any Rice dish or just like that.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra; Karnataka; South and North Indian.
Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take it as side dish for Lunch or Dinner | Type Snacks | Shelf Life : 6 months.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 nos :
Calories ( 20Kcals), Carbohydrates ( 10g), Protein ( 0.1g), Fat (1.1g)
Ingredients to serve :
- Saggubiyyam 1 glass
- Water 7 glasses
- Mirchi allam and salt paste( as per taste)
- Butter milk 1 small glass
- Oil 2 spoons
- Boil the mixture in night and keep vadiyalu in the morning
- They come out well in this procedure
- First wash saggu biyyam and keep aside
- Pour 7 glasses of water in a big vessel and boil it
- While boiling add 2spoons oil and mirchi allam paste and Saggubiyyam.
- Boil until saggubiyyam like transparent stage.
- At the end add a small glass of buttermilk, by adding this when frying vadiyalu u will get them in white colour.
- That the mixture is watery, But by morning it becomes thick don’t get afraid of it.
- Place on the cover with small spoon.
- Dry it in the red hot sun.
- Next day turn to the other side dry them.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Andhra Cuisine ( Varipindi Saggubiyyam Vadiyalu).