Ribbon pakodi (ரிப்பன் பகோடி, రిబ్బన్ పకోడీ, रिबन पकोड़ी, ರಿಬೋನ್ ಪಕೊಡಿ) The most loved anytime snack – the ribbon pakodi is a family favourite. Ribbon Pakodi are an inclusion to all festivals and occassions. This is also one of the spicy, crispy, easy to make recipe. Ribbon Pakoda/Nada is a very simple, easy to do snacks on any occasion.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Goa; Rajastan; South India.
Cuisine style: Tamilnadu | Cooking Time 1 hour | Take it in Tea time | Type Sanck | Shelf Life : 2 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values clculated for 1 serving ( 1cup):
Calories (220 Kcal), Carbohydrates (30 g), Protein (4.6 g), Fat (2.3 g).
- Rice Flour 2 cups
- Besan ( chick pea flour) 1 cup
- Water 1 1/2 cups approx
- Red Chilli Powder 2 tsp ( adjust according to taste)
- Salt 2 tsp ( adjust according to taste)
- Hing 1 tsp
- Butter 2 tsp
- White sesame seeds 2tbsp.
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a heavy flat bottomed vessel and pour oil and switch on the stove on medium low.
- In a mixing bowl, add the butter, hing, red chilli powder, sesame seeds and salt and cream it together with your hands.
- Measure out the flour and add them to the bowl.
- Add the water little by little and knead the dough in to a firm homogenous ball.
- The ball should be firm but moist.
- Dole out a big piece on to the hand press and when the oil is hot enough, slowly press out the dough on to the oil in to a circle.
- When one side it done, turn over to fry the other side and place on a soft tissue to allow the excess oil to drain.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy lazy afternoons with hot coffee or chai!!!
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Nada Karasu . 2.Adding ajwin seeds