Raw Pumpkin Pie is so easy to make in just 2 easy steps with a good food processor and ingredients. It is rich in calories but with all the goodness of raw food , unprocessed and not cooked so all the nutrients are intact.
Cuisine Style: Raw and Vegan| Preparation Time: 2hrs | Take it as such | Type: Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week if refrigerated| Quantity : 10 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (165 Kcal), Carbohydrates (17.5g), Protein (2.5g), Fat (11.1g).
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 1-1.5 Cups of Pecans
- 1 Lbs. of Fresh pitted Dates
Method for the Crust:
- Process both ingredients in a food processor until they reach a crust-like consistency.
- Press the crust into your pie pan.
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 Pie Pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 2 Lbs. Fresh pitted Dates
- 1 Ripe Persimmon or ¾ cup of agave nectar or honey
- 1 Tsp. of Cinnamon
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- Optional: Scrape from a Vanilla Bean
Directions for the Filling:
- Put dates in the blender with chopped and peeled pumpkin.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients and puree.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread it in evenly.
- Freeze the pie until it firms up.
- Enjoy chilled and share with family and friends!
Variations: Maple syrup, Carrot juice, Coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, cashew nut paste, nutmeg, coconut nectar, coconut sugar, raw palm sugar.