Raw Carrot Cupcake with Orange Vanilla Cream is perfect dessert to make for any occasion and perfect to share with family, friends, kids, and more! The cupcakes are also perfectly portioned for those who want to keep true to a low fat raw vegan lifestyle. Even though this recipe is raw, it is loaded with calories from carbohydrate and fats so be cautious while eating, one serving in a day can be enjoyed.
Cuisine Style: Raw and Vegan| Preparation Time: 60 mins | Take it as such | Type: Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week if refrigerated| Quantity : 10 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (240Kcal), Carbohydrates (30g), Protein (5g), Fat (20g).
Ingredients for the Carrot Base:
- Approximately 2-3 Cups of Shredded Carrots
- 1.5 Cups of Fresh pitted Dates
- Half Cup of Walnuts (Less if You Want Lower Fat)
- Cinnamon ¼ tsp.
- Fresh Slice of Ginger
- Dash of Turmeric
Ingredients for frosting (orange vanilla crème):
- Approximately 2 Cups Soaked Cashews
- 1 Cups Pitted Dates
- Small Stem or Scrape of Fresh Vanilla or vanilla essence
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice from 2-4 Oranges
- Combine all ingredients listed under the carrot base in a food processor until the mixture reaches the consistency that you want. I like mine gooey, so I let the machine run for longer.
- Most of them want like a “bread” type consistency, so don’t let it go for too long to get proper texture.
- Press this mixture into the cupcake liners and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and get ready to make frosting.
- Blend in a powerful blender all the ingredients listed under Orange Vanilla Crème Frosting. This is very thick and may take a while to get done.
- Spread this frosting onto the pre prepared cupcakes with a spatula. You can also use a piping bag to apply the frosting on top.
- Now our delicious cupcakes are ready to be served or can be kept in fridge and enjoyed later.
Variations: Add some agave nectar or raw honey, powered flax seeds, coconut oil , coconut sugar, maple syrup.