Raw Banana bajji?Plantain (అరటికాయ బజ్జి, பாணன் பஜ்ஜி, कच्चे केले बज्जी, ಬನನ ಬಜ್ಜಿ) Aratikaya Bajjis are often eaten as starters to main Indian cuisine courses, along with Pappadums and other Indian snacks. They may be served with a side of salad and slice of lemon,or with mango chutney and are traditionally made to a mild taste.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes| Take with chutney, sauce| Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (180Kcals), Carbohydrates (20g), Protein(4g), Fat (6g)
- Besan flour 2 cups
- Rice flour ½ cup
- Baking soda a pinch
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Raw banana ( cut into thin slices of lengthwise )
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the besan flour, rice flour, chilli powder, salt and baking soda with little amount of water to make batter.
- Batte shouldn’t be too thick nor too thin.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Cut the banana into slices.
- Dip the slice in batter.
- Leave slowly and fry in hot oil.
- Fry till the bajji turn into golden brown color.
- Drain the excess of oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any chutney
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.