Semolina laddu (రవ్వ లడ్డు, सूजी लड्डू, ரவை லட்டு, ರವ ಲಡ್ಡು) Though quick and easy to cook, this Indian dessert is very tasty and also hugely popular. It’s perfect to make when time is short but you still want a special dessert.These semolina laddus are a regular in the traditional Indian dessert menu. Normally hot ghee (clarified butter) is poured onto the flour and sugar mixture to bring them to a mass and then they are rolled into small balls. Rava laddu is a traditional sweet that apart from being made on celebratons, and also it is special sweet of deevali.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Kerala; Karnataka; South and North Indian.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20-25 minutes | Take it as snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 5 days.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (108.1 Kcal), Carbohydrates (14.9 g), Protein (1.4 g), Fat (1.8 g).
- Semolina ( sooji or Bombayi ravva) 1 glass
- Boiled milk 1/2 glass
- Grated coconut 1/2 glass
- Sugar 1 glass
- Cashew 50 gm , Raisins 50gms
- Elachi powder 1tsp
- Ghee 3tbs
- Fry semolina with 2tbsp ghee till it turns golden in color and also flavor starts and keep aside
- Fry grated coconut with little ghee and keep aside
- Fry cashew with littlle ghee and keep aside
- Boil sugar with half glass of water for 10mts on low flame
- Add semolina, grated coconut, cashew, raisins and elachi powder and keep stirring to avoid lumps and remove from fire.
- Make laddus out of this mixture when it is still warm and ready to handle
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.