Rava Pulihora (రవ్వ పులిహోర, ரவை புளிசாதம், चावल रवा पुलिहोरा) Pulihora, traditional offering during many pujas and festivals which can be done with different ingredients as main base can be done with Rice, Semiya, Ravva and poha but the remaining procedure is very much similar.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Taken with pickle or curds | Type Breakfast, Snack | Shelf Life : one day|Quantity:4 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Calories (277.6 Kcal), Carbohydrates (48.4 g), Protein (5.1 g), Fat (5 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Rice rava 2 cups
- Water 4-5 cups (depending on the ravva u use)
- Turmeric 3/4 spoon
- Chenna Dal 2 spoon
- Uard Dal 11/2 spoon
- Mustard Seeds 11/2 spoon
- Grated Ginger 1/2 spn
- Curry Leaves 10-15 no
- Chillies 5(split)
- Red Dry Chillies 5 (Count may vary acc to ur taste)
- Ground Nuts Fistful
- Hinge 1/4 spoon
- Tamrind Big Lemon Size (Soak in water and take the juice)
- Salt to Taste
- Put a vessel on flame and boil 4.5 cups of water add a spoon of oil,turmeric powder and salt stir well and now add the ravva, Make sure that the ravva should not form lumps. Stir throughly and cover it with a lid and cook on low flame . When done put it aside and let it cool down.
- Now put a pan on flame add oil when oil is hot put mustard seeds when it splatters add chenna dal, toor dal, red chillies and fry to this add hinge, turmeric powder, grated ginger, curry leaves, ground nuts mix well and let them fry till ground nuts turns golden color.
- Add green chillies and now add the extracted tamrind juice stir well and cook till the tamrind paste leaves oil.
- Now the mixture is ready to mix with the cooked ravva.
- In a vessel open the cooked ravva in the way that the grains are seprated and now add the cooked tamrind paste and mix uniformly.
- Ravva Pulihora is ready to serve with thick curd and Pickle.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Pulihora Pindi 2. Pindi pulihora.