Rava payasam (రవ్వ పాయసం, ரவை பாயசம், सूजी की खीर) Rava Payasam is a very popular recipe all over India , but called by different names. This is very creamy in texture porridge like.
Regional Dish : South India ; East india and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it as snack | Type sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days if it is refrigirated.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (208.4 Kcal), Carbohydrates (48.0 g ), Protein (5.3 g), Fat ( 7.0 g).
- Milk 1 litre
- Semolina 150 gms
- Sugar 150gms
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Cashew 12
- Kismis 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Fry cashew, kismis in ghee and keep aside
- Fry ravva in ghee for 5 mts and keep aside
- Pour milk in a bowl and boil on low flame
- Add ravva and stir frequently to avoid lumps .
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves and the whole dish comes to a boil and rava is well cooked
- Add cardmom powder, cashew nuts and kismis
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Rava payasam with jaggery 2. Rava payasam with coconut milk.