Rava Dosa (రవ్వ దోస, ரவை தோச, रवा डोसा) also called Ravvattu (రవ్వట్టు) is an Indian pancake of South India. It is a derivative of the popular Dosa. It is made with rava, especially Bombay rava (‘rave’ in Kannada, ‘ravai’ in Tamil) or semolina, sooji, which doesn’t need fermentation and is usually considered a fast tiffin.Rava Dosa is crisp and different from plain Dosa. It is prepared in combination to enhance its flaovrs like onion rava dosa, onion nuts dosa,paneer chili rava dosa.
Regional Dish: Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka.
Cuisine Style: Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 10 minutes | Take it with pickle or chutney| Type Breakfast | Shelf Life: 1 day |Quantity : 4Servings.
Appx. Nutritional Values: calculated for 1 serving (1no)
Calories (82.5 Kcal), Carbohydrates (12.9 g), Protein (1.5 g), Fat (2.4 g).
- Rice flour 1cup
- All purpose flour 1/2 cup
- Rava(Semolina/sooji) 1 cup
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chopped onions 1/4 cup
- Green chillies 2 finely chopped
- Ginger 1table spoon finely chopped
- Water/Buttermilk to make batter
1. Mix rice flour or all purpose flour,semolina , cumin, ginger, greenchilles and salt .
2.Add water or buttermilk to make desired batter consistency.
3. Then add finely cut onions on the dosa pan/tawa/griddle and then sprinkle the batter over the onions , put some oil on top and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Now fold it to center from both the sides and serve hot with some chutney.
Other variants/ Cuisine Style: 1. Crispy Rava Dosa 2. Onion Rava Dosa., Paneer rava dosa