Ragi Sweet Dosa (ராகி இனிப்பு தோச, రాగి తీపి దోస, रागी मिठाई डोसा, ರಾಗಿ ಮಧುರ ದೋಸ) is a healthy protein breakfast or snack item . Ragi dosa is not only rich in Iron but also fiber. Ragi flour can be used in many ways taking to snack, sweet, breakfast ,item , as such lunch item and a soft drink. Which ever way it is taken its health benefits are same. Ragi flour is mainly used in karnataka state and surrounding places from other states.
Regional Dish : Tamilnadu; Andhra Pradesh; Kerala; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style : Tamilnadu | Cooking Time 15 Minutes | Take it directly | Type Breakfast | Shelf Life : 3 hours.
Appx. Nutiritional values calculated for 1 serving (1no) :
Calories (87.2 Kcal), Carbohydrates (14.7 g), Protein (1.5 g), Fat (2.6 g).
- Ragi flour 1 cup
- Rice flour 1 tblsp
- Coconut 1 tsp grated
- Jaggery powder 1/2 cup
- Cardamom 1/4 tsp powdered
- Cashews 1 tsp grated
- Ghee/Oil for roasting
- Water 2 cups
- Salt as per taste
- Pour 2 cups of water to the jaggery and bring it to a slow boil for about a minute. Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
- Now mix thoroughly the grated cashews, salt, ragi flour, rice flour, grated coconut and cardamom powder to the dissolved jaggery and give a dosa consistency.
- Now pour a spoonful of batter onto the preheated tawa and evenly spread to a small thick circle.
- Pour a tsp of ghee/oil all around it and fry both sides till the dosa is well done. Serve hot .
Other variants / Cuisine : None