Ragi Sangati (రాగి సంగటి , ನವಣೆ ಮುದ್ದೆ,रागी संगटी ) in Southern India it is popularly called Ragi Mudda/Mudde/Sangati/Sankati. It tastes best when served with a spoonful of ghee/clarified butter and either with Chicken Korma or Mutton Pulusu or Sambar or Aloo Korma or simply with yogurt.
Regional dish : Rajasthan, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Goa.
Cuisine style : AndhraPradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Chicken curry/ vegetable korma| Type Lunch | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity :4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1 mudde)
Calories( 328 kCal),Carbohydrate (72 g), Fat (1.3 g).
- Ragi flour 1/2 cup
- Boiled rice (fully boiled till it becomes soft) 1cup
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- water 2 cups
- ghee 1 teaspoon
- Boil water in a pan, add boiled rice to it and stir till it completely mixes in water and becomes soft.
- Add salt and then ragi flour to this mixture.
- Keep stirring vigorously until you see no lumps.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it steam cook for 5 minutes or till water evaporates.
- Switch off the heat and add ghee.
- Take small portions of Ragi Sankati and make them into Balls.
- Serve with Fish curry(Chepala pulusu) or Chicken Curry(Kodi pulusu) either with Chicken Korma or Mutton Pulusu or Sambar or Aloo Korma or simply with yogurt.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Ragi Java