Ragi roti ( రాగి రొట్టె, ನವಣೆ ರೋಟಿ, றகி றொட்டெ, रागी रोटी) is a famous delicacy of the Indian sub-continent. It has very good nutritional values.
Regional dish : Rajasthan, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Goa.
Cuisine style : AndhraPradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Pudina chutney| Type Breakfast| take with curds, pickle | Shelf life :1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (328 kCal), Carbohydrate (72 g), Protein (8g ), Fat (1.3 g).
- Ragi flour 2cups
- Onions finely chopped 4
- Coriander 1 Bunch
- Grated coconut 1 Cup
- Finely chopped green chilies 2nos
- Finely chopped curry leaves 10nos
- Salt to taste
- Little sugar
1. Combine onions, coconut, curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies and salt with little water.
2. Add ragi flour and some more water.
3. Mix well and knead to make dough. Set the dough aside for some time.
4. Apply little oil on a griddle.
5. Roll out chapattis from small portions of the dough.
6. Smear with oil and bake the roti at low heat till well done.
7. Serve the ragi roti with pudina chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1.Bhakri (Bajra roti) (mixing with other flours)