Qubani Ka Meetha (कुबानी का मीठा)
Qubani ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in Hyderabadi cuisine. It is a common feature at Hyderabadi weddings. It is made with dried apricots and sugar , fat free and served with cream or ice cream or custard.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it as such | Type Sweet| Shelf Life: 3 days refrigerated| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 4 serving
Calories (200.3Kcals), Carbohydrates (21g), Protein (2.3g), Fat (2.5g).
- Qubani (Dried Apricots)-250gm
- Sugar-150gm or to taste
- Warm water to soak apricots- 250ml
- 10 nos Blanched almonds to garnish (optional only if using pitted Apricots)
- Whipped cream/ Vanilla Ice Cream / Custard for serving
- Wash and soak apricots in hot water for 20 minutes.
- De seed the apricots and crack open the kernels using a nut cracker and soak the nuts in a cup of water to loosen their skin. (If using pitted apricots, completely omit this process and proceed to next step).
- Pressure cook the apricot with the soaking liquid to make them soft and tender.
- Once the apricots are cool blend to a smooth puree.
- Add sugar to the pureed apricots and cook stirring continuously till you get a thick paste (jam like consistency).
- Garnish with the peeled apricot nuts or blanched almonds.
- Served chilled with whipped cream or custard or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- Cook directly dried apricots, sugar and water on medium heat till they become soft and mushy.
- We can use the jam like above apricot preserve as such or can be blended in a belnder to fine texture and serve.
- Garnish with some silver warq ( edible silver foil)