Punjabi Samosa (ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸਮੋਸਾ,పంజాబీ సమోస,पंजाबी समोसा ) is any time snack and a must at every tea party!
Regional dish: Punjab, all over India it is prepared with variations
Cuisine Style: North Indian | Preparation time 25 mins | Cooking time 20 mins | Type snack |take with sauce and green chutney| Shelf life : 2days |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (1nos)
Calories (81 kcal), Carbohydrate ( 15gms), Fat (3gms), Protein (3gms).
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Ginger & garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Peas 1 cup
- Potatoes 2 medium
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Jeera powder 1 tsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Maida 2 cups
- Warm oil 1/2 cup
- Ajwain 1/2 tsp
- Warm water if required to knead
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- First take oil in a kadai or a big pan and put mustard seed after it splutter add peas and
- fry for sometime then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric and fry again for 2 seconds then
- add all the above listed powder and the the potatoes and fry very nicely till it becomes dry.
- At last add coriander leaves for the flavour.
- Take maida mix salt, ajwain and warm oil to their and make a dough, then just wet your hand with warm water to make the dough soft.
Making Punjabi Samosa:
- Take a big ball of the dough and roll it very thickly.
- Then cut it into half and put the above filling into it and close it with the help of water.
- Repeat the same thing with the other half also.
- Then heat oil in a kadai to fry the samosa remember that you should fry the samosa in a low flame.
- Then enjoy it with any simple Green Chutney and tomato sauce.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Aloo samosa 2. Vegetable samosa, paneer samosa, peas samosa