Punjabi Dhaba Daal (पंजाबी ढाबे दाल) This daal is famous all over India, especially in all dhaba’s long the roads these daal is served to all the people who stop by for food. Especially truck drivers favorite. The daal is a combination of 3 to 4 varieties , which is rich in protein , healthy that is served with rotis and onion slices. A part from dhaba’s this recipe is prepared in Punjabi homes often.
Regional Dish: Punjab, All over India
Cuisine Style: Punjab| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with roti/ rice | Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (120 Kcal), Carbohydrates (19 g), Protein (5.2g), Fat (2.8 g).
- 2 – 3 green chillies, chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup chana dal
- 8 – 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- ¼ cup red kidney beans (rajma)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup (urad dal)
- salt to taste
- Clean, wash and soak urad dal, chana dal and kidney beans in sufficient water for at least six hours.
- Remove soaked dals, mix in six cups water and cook till the dals are completely cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, stir-fry till golden brown. Mix in chopped onion, chopped green chillies and cook till onion is golden brown in color.
- Mix in red chilli powder, cumin powder and tomatoes and cook, add the cooked dals and add in salt, chopped coriander leaves and add kasoori methi and serve hot.