Pumpkin soup (कद्दू का सूप)
This soup can be made simple or heavenly by adding milk. This is mostly enjoyed during all through the winter. It is rich in vitamins and minerals.A cup of hot hot pumpkin soup with some bread sticks goes long way.
Regional Dish: America, Europe
Cuisine Style: America | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (59.2Kcals), Carbohydrates(8g), Protein(1.1g), Fat (2.2g)
- 2 tbsp. oil, or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery root, diced ( optional)
- 1 small potato, diced
- 4 cups of raw pumpkin peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water or when boiled, season with dried vegetable mix, or use vegetable stock.
- ½ tbsp. nutmeg, ground
- Salt and pepper to liking
- Sour cream (1 scoop per person)
- fresh celery leaves are served with this recipe
- lemon juice.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, and add the chopped onion and mix until it becomes glassy
- Add chopped potato, celery root and after a couple of minutes, add pumpkin and garlic. Stir for five minutes and then add water (or broth) and nutmeg and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Allow to cool and put the soup in blender.
- Serving: Place a scoop of sour cream in a plate and pour over hot soup and sprinkle with chopped celery leaves and a dash of lemon juice on top. Enjoy.
- Note: if the soup is cooked a day before, and placed in fridge, then blended the day after and heated a bit, it is even tastier, as ingredients will mix in better.
Variation: Add milk, Add coconut milk, Add orange zest, Add carrot, top with some nuts, fried onions, fried coconut , top with bread croutons, Add cinnamon, Add spicy curry powder.