Pumpkin bread (कद्दू ब्रेड) Pumpkin is enjoyed all through winter from the time they are harvested on different ways, especially in cold countires they are used in sweets. In India it is found all through the year so is enjoyed as curries and as halwas, kheers. One among them is this bread which has the warmness of cinnamon which is preapared widely in america , this is simple and any one can enjoy it.
Regional Dish: America, Europe, Australia.
Cuisine Style: American| Cooking Time 90 mins | take it as such/side | Type Sweet/Bread | Shelf Life: 4 days |Quantity: 12 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (205 kcals), Carbohydrates (26 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (11 g).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla. Combine both mixtures and fold in the shredded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds. Once the ingredients are all incorporated pour into a non- stick 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan. If your pan is not non- stick coat it with butter and flour.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. At this point a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Variations: Add allspice, Add pumpkin puree, make muffins with same batter.