Pudina Pachadi (పుదినా పచ్చడి, புதீனா பச்சடி,पुदीना चटनी) Adds a refreshing minty sparkle when eaten with breakfast items like idly, dosa, upma and pongal, and also when applied on chapati, roti or when mixed with rice and dal. It has many health benefits with one of its primary benefits being helping with digestion.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Dosa or Idly | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 3 days if refrigerated | Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for the whole recipe
Calories (98.0 K cal), Carbohydrates (22.6 g), Protein (4.1 g), Fat (0.8 g).
- Mint leaves 2 cups
- Dry red chilies 5 no or according to your taste
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 2tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind 1 inch piece soaked in little water
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 2 pods ( optional)
- Heat oil in a fry pan and add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, garlic and red chilies and fry till light golden colour.
- Remove and grind in to a fine powder.
- Now add mint leaves to the same pan and stir for 2 minutes so that the mint leaves shred the water and become soft and mushy.
- Add this to coriander, cumin and red chili powder then add tamarind, salt to taste add very little water.
- And grind in to a smooth paste.
- This chutney will be a great choice with rice, dosa and idly.
Pudina Pachidi with tomato and sesame seeds
- Mint leaves : 2 cups
- Tomatoes : 2nos ( ripe )
- Sesame seeds : 2 tbsp
- Tamrind : 1 inch piece
- Red chillies : 4 broken in to pieces
- Garlic : 3 nos
- Salt : to taste
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 10
- Oil 2 tbs
- Fry red chillies and sesame seeds in 1 tsp of oil and take it a side
- In the same pan add some more oil and fry tomatoes , mint leaves
- Once the above ingredients get cooled .
- Grind mint leaves, tomatoes, freid red chillies , sesame seeds , salt , tamarind and crushed garlic to a coarse consistency ( do not add any water , the water that comes from tomato is enough)
- Adjust the chutney accordingly.
- Season with curry leaves , cumin , mustard seeds .
- Serve with rice and ghee or with any tiff ins
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Pudina Pachadi (prepared with pudina, groundnuts, coconut and ginger).