Potato lemon curry (బంగాళాదుంప నిమ్మరసం కూర, உருளைக்கிழங்கு சுற்றி, आलू नींबू का रस करी) is prepared in any form is enjoyed by all , this curry is very simple with a twist of lemon juice which gives it a tangy and fresh feel. It can be enjoyed with rice, roti and dosa.
Regional Dish : Andhra pradesh; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; Karnataka; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 30mins | Take with Rice or chapathis | Type Curry| Shelf Life :1 day | Quantity : 2 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories( 119 kcal) , Carbohydrates(23.0 g) , Protein (2 g), Fat (2.5 g).
- Potatoes 4 nos
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Green chilies 2
- Oil 2tbsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp. according to taste
- Mustard seeds1/2 tsp.
- Dry red chili pieces 1
- Channa and Urad dal 1 tsp. of each
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
- Curry leaves 5 nos
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash them.
- To the above mashed potatoes add , lemon juice , salt and mix well.
- Cut green chilies in pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, red chili pieces, channa dal and urad dal , turmeric , when the mixture start to pop add green chilies , curry leaves and the prepared mashed potato.
- Mix well and cook for 2 mins and take it off the heat.
- Serve with steamed rice or chapathi or dosa.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. add ginger , add boiled green peas , add peanuts , garnish with fresh coriander leaves.