Potato Corn chowder (आलू कॉर्न चावडर) This recipe is a hearty homemade Potato corn chowder which is spicy and creamy. A meal by itself as it is very filling because it has potato and corn.
Regional Dish: Europe, America
Cuisine Style : American | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (320 Kcal), Carbohydrates (48 g), Protein (8), Fat (6.2g).
- 6 unpeeled medium potatoes (1 1/2 lb), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn or fresh
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 container (6 oz) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 medium green onions, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Bread croutons ½ cup ( optional to garnish)
- In a saucepan, place potatoes. Add water just to cover and cook until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and reserve 1 cup of potatoes and mash them .
- Stir reserved mashed potatoes back into remaining potatoes in saucepan, along with broth, , garlic, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, corn and roasted red bell pepper. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, stir flour into milk and whisk until well mixed; stir into potato mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and boils. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in yogurt, cilantro and green onions. Serve topped with bread croutons if desired.