Posto Bora ( Poppy seeds cutlets) This is one of Bengalis popular snack that is enjoyed. It is made of poppy seeds and is called as Posto Bora where posto “ poppy seeds” bora “cutlets”. It is known that poppy seeds have many health benefits, to name some of them are helps in digestion, lactation, sleep inducing, stress control and many more to list. It has good fatty acids, fiber and minerals.
Regional Dish: Bengal, Orissa
Cuisine Style: Bengali| Cooking Time 150 minutes | Take it as such or with some chutney | Type Snack | Shelf Life: 2 days| Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories (150Kcals), Carbohydrates (24.5g), Protein (5.2g), Fat (10g).
- Posto (Khus Khus/Poppy Seeds) – 1 cup (soaked for at least 2 hours in 2 cups of water) and ground to a smooth thick paste
- Onions – 1, finely chopped
- Green chilles – 2-3, finely chopped
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil.
- Shape the mixture into desired sized tikkis/ cutlets.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Drop the cutlets in to oil and deep fry them till they change to golden brown in color.
- Drain them on to a tissue paper so that excess oil is absorbed, serve them hot with any chutney (tomato sauce , mint chutney, tamarind chutney, any sweet and sour chutney)