Pine apple Pachadi (പൈന് ആപ്പിള് പച്ചടി, अनानास चटनी) Pineapple Pachadi, commonly known as Mathura curry (sweet curry) is a very popular dish in Kerala. This is a traditionally exotic recipe prepared for all sadhyas (feast). This recipe as the name it is sweet and spicy with a touch of coconut in every handful.
Regional Dish: Kerala
Cuisine Style: Kerala| Cooking Time 20 mins| Take it Rice | Type Chutney| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (40.3Kcals), Carbohydrates (12g), Protein (`g), Fat (1.5g).
- Sliced Pineapple – 1 cup
- Yogurt – ¼ cup
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Green Chillies – 4 nos
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Seed – 1 tsp.
- Sugar -1 tbsp.
- Mustard Seed – 1 tsp.
- Oil -1tbsp.
- Curry Leaves 1 sprig
- Cut the Pineapple into slices.
- Cook the Pineapple in a vessel by adding water, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and green chilies.
- Grind the coconut, cumin and mustard seeds into smooth paste.
- Add the above coconut mixture, yogurt and sugar to the cooked Pineapple mixture. Mix everything cooked switch off the flame.
- For Seasoning: Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard and once spluttering is complete add curry Leaves.
- Add the above seasoning to the Pineapple mixture. Allow it to cool for 2 minutes. Pineapple curry is ready to be served.