Pindi miriam (పిండి మిరియం, பிண்டி மிரியம், पिंडी मिरियम) is simple and delicious dish from costal Andhra, can be eaten with rice or dal. The spicy powder and the creamy, tastier base for the vegetable that was taken in the dish.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; North East of India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take with rice or dal | Type Dal | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1/2 cup)
Calories (118Kcals), Carbohydrates (23.2g), Protein(4.5g) , Fat(2g)
- Toor Dal 1 cup
- Diced Potato 1 Cup
- Turmeric powder pinch
- Raw Rice 2 Tbs
- Grated Coconut Powder 1/2 Cup
- Black Peppercorns 1 Tbs
- Chana Dal 1 Tbs
- Urad Dal 1 Tbs
- Cumin Seeds 1 Tbs
- Corriander Seeds 1 Tbs
- Red Chili 2
- Tamarind paste 1tbs
- Jaggery 1tbs(optional)
- Mustard 1 Tbs
- Cumin 1 Tbs
- Red Chili 2 broken
- Oil 1 Tbs
- Curry leaves 5
- Hing a pinch
- Pressure cook Toor Dal & Potatoes. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast Uncooked Rice, Black Pepper, Chana Dal, Urad Dal, Cumin Seeds, Corriander Seeds & Red Chili’s except grated Coconut. Now grind them all into paste along with Grated Coconut and Salt.
- Add the paste to Toor Dal & Potatoes , tamarind paste ( optional jaggery ) adjust salt and cook them in low heat for 10mins.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the seasoning to it .. Once mustard starts spluttering add the hing to it and mix the seasoning with the Pindi Miriyam..
No comments yet.