Pesara Pappu Pachadi (मूंग दाल की चटनी, పెసరపప్పుపచ్చడి) This is another Andhra recipe which reminds of typical village atmosphere in the coastal regions of Andhra. This pachidi is eaten with steamed rice and ghee
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra| Cooking Time 80 mins | Take it with Rice | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 1 days |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (25 Kcals), Carbohydrates (12.4 g), Protein (2.2), Fat (0.5g).
- Moong Dal (split washed green gram dal)– 1/2 Cup
- Red Chillies – 4
- Lemon Juice – 3 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric – A Pinch
- Curry Leaves – A Few
- Hing (asafetida) – 1 pinch
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Soak the moong dal in 1 1/2 cups water for 1 hour
- Drain the excess water after 1 hour.
- In a small pan, heat the oil.
- Add the split red chilies and fry for about 10 secs , than take it out and add to the soaked moong dal.
- To the remaining oil, add the mustard seeds and wait till they splutter. Add the curry leaves and hing and sauté for about 2-3 seconds.
- Set aside the oil and mustard seeds.
- Grind the moong dal, fried chilies, salt, and turmeric to a smooth, thick paste.
- Take out the pachadi into a bowl.
- Add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, hing and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve with hot rice and ghee.
Note: Use good amount od red chilies and lemon juice, else the pachidi will be bland.
Variations: Pachidi prepared using tamarind. Pachidi prepared with moong dal and cut green mango pieces.