Pepper rasam ( మిరియాల చారు , மிளகு ரசம், काली मिर्च रसम) is very simple recipe. Can make in just few mins. This rasam is very good when we are having fever or cold. Pepper has got lot of medicinal properties.
Regional dish : Andhra pradesh; Tamilnadu; and some parts of south India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra pradesh | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Take with hot rice | Shelf life : 2 days| Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1up)
Calories ( 23 Kcal), Carbohydrates( 1.1 g), Protein( 0.4 g), Fat( 1.9 g).
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Peppercorns 1 tsp
- Small lemon size tamarind
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Few coriander leaves for garnishing
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Small ripe tomato, chopped 1
- Garlic flakes, roughly crushed 2
1. Soak the tamarind in warm water for 15 mins and extract the juice of about 250 ml and keep aside.
2. Make a corase paste with cumin and peppercorns and keep aside.
3. Now mix the corase paste, required quantity of salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida with tamarind juice.
4. Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds.
5. When they start to pop add curry leaves, chopped tomatoes and crushed garlic.
6. Saute for 3 mins or till the tomatoes become mushy.
7. Then pour the tamarind peppercorn mixture and mix well.
8. Now bring it to boil and turn off the heat.
9. Finally garnish with coriander and serve youreasy, tasty and healthy pepper rasam with plain white rice or as such to when u r having cold .
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. rasam with more tamatoes, charu,