Pav Bhaji (పావ్ భాజీ, பவ பாசி, ಪಾವ್ ಬಾಜಿ, पाव भाजी) Most popular snack or a mini meal.It is a mixture of various vegetables which are boiled, mashed and cooked with a spicy masala and served with butter fried pav( Indian Bread). Pav means the bun, and Bhaji means “The mixed vegetables flavoured with spices” curry which makes any one feel hungry and grab their piece.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Maharastra; Mumbai; Karnataka; Andhra; Tamilnadu; North India; some places in South India.
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with bun or burger | Type snack, Mini Meal | Shelf Life : 1 day|Quantity : 4Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1 nos)
Calories (210 Kcal), Carbohydrates (16.0 g), Protein ( 2.0 g), Fat (15.0 g).
- Potato boiled and meshed 2
- Onion finely chopped 1
- Carrot medium size grated 2
- Cauliflower 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Beans (any type) 1 cup ( finely chopped)
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes ( finely chopped) 2
- Ginger 1 inch ( finely chopped) (or equivalent ginger paste)
- Green chilies finely chopped 2,
- Lime/lemon juice 1 tsp fresh
- Coriander 1 Tbsp finely chopped
- Canola oil 1Tbsp
- Water 2 cups
- Pav /Burger buns 4 nos. which are cut in center.
- Red chili powder 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Cumin (jeera)seeds 1/2 tsp
- Amchur (mango powder) 1 tsp
- Cloves cut into fine pieces 5
- Hing (Asafoateda) 1 small grain or powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat a deep nonstick skillet and pour oil. Add cumin and let it splutter. Add hing, onion, garlic, ginger and green chili and stir for 5 minutes on medium heat or till onion turns brown.
- Add Tomatoes and stir, mesh the tomatoes stirring with a spoon pressing it against the walls of the skillet.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the potato and the spices) and the water. Cook for 10-15 minutes with occasionally stirring. Add potato and spices, and stir. Remove from heat after 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with pav (long burger buns) with or without low fat butter.
- Garnish with lemon wedge , finely chopped onions.