Paramanam (இனிப்புபொங்கல், పరమానం, चावलकी खीर)is pure South Indian sweet usually served as prasadam on festivals in every home. It is simple yet a delicious as it has goodness of milk and jiggery.
Regional dish: Tamil Nadu; Andhra Pradesh; Kerala, Karnataka
Cuisine style: Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take it as such | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 1 day
Appx. Nutritional values: Calories (300Kcal), Carbohydrates (38 g) Protein (8 g), Fat (8 g).
- 1 cup – Rice
- 2 cups – Milk
- 1 Cup – Water
- 1/2 Cup – fresh grated coconut ( optional)
- 2 Cups – Jaggery
- 5 Tbsp. – Ghee
- 3 Tbsp. Cashew nuts
- 3 Cardamom pods
- Pressure cook the rice with water and milk very softly
- Now take deep bottomed pan and melt the jaggery by adding water into liquid form
- Once the jaggery melted add cooked rice and stir it properly to avoid lumps and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Take ghee in a pan and fry cashew nuts, and add all of it with ghee to paramanam.
- Finally finish it off with coconut and cardamom powder……serve it hot or cold
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Sweet Pongal add with some chana dal , green gram dal. 2. Sweet pongal with sugar