Panna Cotta (पन्ना कोटा, పన్నా కోటా, પન્ના કોટા) Panna Cotta is a classic Italian dessert that is quick and easy to make. In Italy, the word Panna Cotta literally means cooked in cream. This heavenly yet simple dessert can be topped with any fresh fruit, glazed fruit, fruit sauce. It is a gelatin dessert topped with fruits or spices and served chilled.
Regional Dish: Italy , Europe , America
Cuisine Style: Italian | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it as such| Type Dessert | Shelf Life : 2 days Refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup):
Calories (534.9 Kcal), Carbohydrates (23.7 g), Protein (4.8 g), Fat (47.5 g).
- 1/2 cup half and half milk
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsps vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsps sugar
- In a medium saucepan sprinkle the contents of the gelatin packet over the half and half milk and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Over low heat stir the gelatin mixture until it totally dissolves.
- Now add the heavy cream, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir again over the low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Wipe the insides of 4-1/2 cup ramekins with a light coating of canola oil.
- Ladle in the cream mixture and let stand until cool.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours.
- You can serve in the ramekins or invert in to desired serving plates and serve with fresh fruits of your choice.
Variations :Strawberry , Blueberry , Raspberry, Caramel, chocolate , Mocha, Espresso , Orange , Marbled , Greek yogurt , coconut, Pumpkin , lemon, pomegranate, butter milk , Ricotta cheese, mango, pear , apricot, Figs, Rose, Nuts etc.