Paneer Naan (પનીર નાં, ਪਨੀਰ ਨਾਂ, பனீர் நான், పనీర్ నాన్,पनीर नान) It is usually prepared during special occasions. It is taken along with any gravy or curry or simply relish it with green chutney.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Punjab; Tamil Nadu; Andhra; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with green chutney | Type Roti, Lunch , Dinner| Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1 nos)
Calories (330 K cal), Carbohydrates (39 g), Protein (14 g), Fat (13 g).
For the dough :
- Maida or all purpose flour500 grams
- Ghee or margarine or butter 25 grams
- Fresh yeast 20 grams or 2 tsp dry yeast
- Salt 1 tsp
- Fresh curds
- Sugar 1½ tsp
For the stuffing :
- Paneer 100 grams grated
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies 3-4 chopped
- Onion chopped 1
- Coriander 2 tbsp chopped
- Take maida and sieve it.
- Take yeast and sugar in 1 tea cup warm water and mix it well, till yeast dissolves. Cover it for 5-7 minutes till the mixture becomes full of froth.
- Take the sieved flour and add the yeast and sugar mixture, curd, salt and ghee to the flour. With the help of water, make a dough of it. Knead well for at aleast 6-8 minutes.
- Cover the dough with wet cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes knead it again for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients of stuffing together properly in a bowl.
- Take the dough and divide it into small parts and roll them in shape of naan. Put 1 tbsp of stuffing in center and bring the edges in the center to cover the stuffing completely with the dough.
- Roll it in shape of your choice. Take a pressure cooker , remove the lid and grease inside of the bottom lightly with oil , now heat pressure’s bottom which is greased upside down.
- Take the naan and apply a wet hand on one side of the naan. Stick this wet side around the inside of the pressure cooker.
- Roast till brown spots appear. Repeat it with all naans.
- Around 3 – 4 naans can be placed inside the walls of pressure cooker at one time.
- Spicy Panner Naans are ready o be served. Apply butter on them before serving.
- This is the version that can be made easily on a gas stove with out any tandoor too bake or any grill or Owen.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Spicy Paneer Naan 2. Naan