Panasa pottu koora ( పనస పొట్టు కూర , பனச போட்டு கூற, कच्चा कटहल सब्जी ) is a famous Coastal Andhra dish and mostly a must on the menu during auspicious occasions. Its made mostly during weddings.
Regional dish : Andhra pradesh; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine style : Coastal Andhra |Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx.Nutrition values : Calories (94 Kcal), Carboydrates (24g ), Protein (1g), Fat (0g).
- Young jack fruit tin 500 g
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds 1 tsp
- Chana dhal 2 tsp
- Urad dhal 1 tsp
- Red chillies 5 no. (split)
- Green chillies 5 no. (slit)
- Ginger 1 inch (chopped finely)
- Curry leaves 2 sprigs
- Mustard seeds 1tspLemon 1/2no.
- Asafoetida (hing) a pinchlittle salt
1. Remove young jack fruit from the tin discarding water.
2. Keep the fruit in the blender and blend it until chopped finely.
3. Keep this in pressure cooker bowl, to that add little handful of water,
4. Turmeric and salt, pressure cook for 1 whistle.
5. Remove excess water when it is cooked. keep aside.
6. Take mustard seeds in pestle and pound it in to powder.
7. To that add lemon juice, cover and keep aside.
8. Heat oil a deep non-stick pan.
9. Add one by one from set 2.
10. Add now point-1 and fry until water is evaporated or less.
11. switch off the flame and add salt to taste.
12. Add point-2 paste and mix well.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.