Panasa Ginjala Vepudu (Jackfruit seeds fry, పనస గింజల వేపుడు, कटहल के बीज तलना, பலாவிதைகள்வறுக்கவும்) can be enjoyed at tea time or with rasam or sambar rice.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu; Kerala
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | take with Rice | Type Fry | Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving
Calories (200 kcal), Carbohydrates (25 g), Protein (3.4 g), Fat (3.5 g).
- Jack fruit seeds 1 cup
- Red chili powder or sambar powder or curry powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves few
- Oil for fry 2 tbsp.
- Wash and cook the jack fruit seeds in pressure cooker with 1/2 tsp of salt for 2 whistles.
- Let them cool and remove the outer thin white skin.
- The inner color after removing the outer white skin appears brown in color
- Cut each seed into 2 or 3 round pieces.
- Take pan add oil and heat it on a medium flame.
- Add cut jack fruit seeds and curry leaves and fry them till they turn into brown.
- If any excess oil, strain it.
- Then add salt and red chili powder and stir well.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Seeds curry, seeds gravy masala curry, seeds pulusu, seeds pickle.