Palak paneer (పాలక్ పనీర్, பழக பனீர், पालक पनीर) is a very popular North Indian recipe , but now it became one of the main curry for any maincourse as it can be served with Jeera rice, Chapathi, Roti, Naan in Hotels or patries all over India.It can be said as a favorite recipe for all age groups.It is mild yet rich , velvety . It is rich in nutrients like Vitamin A, C , Iron, Calcium and Proteins.
Regional dish : North India; Many places all over India and world.
Cuisine Style : North Indian | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Take wtih Roti | Type Lunch | Shelf life : 1day | Quantity ; 4 Servings.
Appx.Nutrition values : calcualted for 1 serving “( 1/2 cup)
Calories (250 Kcals) , Carbohydrates (19g) ,Protein (8g) , Fat(11g)
- Spinach 1/2 kg
- Paneer 100gm
- Onion 1 finely chopped
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste 1tsp
- Green chilli paste 1/2 tsp
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Bay Leaves 2
- Cardamom 2
- Big Cardamom 2
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon 2 small pieces
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Heavy cream ( 2 tbsp) optional
- Mix green chilli paste and ginger-garlic paste with spinach. Add little water and cook for10 minutes and allow it to cool and make it in to fine paste consistency.
- Cut cheese into small cube shaped pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the paneer cubes on a medium flame till they become light brown.
- Take the pieces out of the pan and set aside.
- Now take 2 tbsp of butter in a pan and heat it.
- Add bay leaves ,cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, chopped onions and fry until they turn pink.
- Add garam masala powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add fried paneer and spinach. Mix them properly adjust seasoning and let it cook for 15 minutes on low flame with covered .
- Add the remaining butter , if you want to make it rich add 2 tbsp of heavy cream and serve hot with roti.
- Note : You can chop palak finely and make curry that will be thick.
- If we dust the paneer cubes with some rice or corn flour and fry then , they will have nice golden color and also they will not splutter.
- If we dosent have hevay cream that we can make a paste of corn or rice flour with some water and add it to the end , it makes the gravy thick.
- To mak ethe gravy thick we can add , a spoon of thick curds, sour cream
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Palak Paneer butter masala ; 2.Palak paneer and peas ; 3. Palak Methi chaman; 4. Add grated paneer.