Palak Gosht (पालक गोश, పాలకూర మాంసం) is a green curry prepared with lots of (palak) spinach and (gosht) lamb. This curry is prepared mostly in North India and Pakistan. It has the goodness of both spinach and lamb.
Regional Dish: Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra.
Cuisine Style: Delhi| Cooking Time 45mins | Take it Pulo/ naan| Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (310Kcal), Carbohydrates (8g), Protein (20g), Fat (20g)
• Mutton (small pieces with bones) 1 kg
• Spinach clean cut into small pieces 3 cups
• Tomatoes blended 3 nos.
• Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp.
• Onion sliced 1 no.
• Red chili whole 6 nos.
• Green chili paste 1 tbsp.
• Crushed chili 1 tbsp.
• Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
• Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
• Cumin 1 tbsp.
• Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
• Dry fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp.
• Butter 50 grams
• Oil 150 ml
• Salt as per taste required
• Fresh chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp. to garnish.
1. In a cooking pot add oil when become hot add onion when become transparent
2. Add ginger garlic paste sauté few seconds and add mutton sauté nicely for few minutes.
3. Add crushed chili, turmeric, salt, cumin powder, green chili paste and coriander powder sauté further few minutes
4. Add tomato puree and some water and allow it to boil for 3 minutes.
5. Reduce flame and let it cook on medium heat until meat becomes tender.
6. Check the meat if cooked, add spinach and cook again for few minutes.
7. Check , if required add more salt followed by dry fenugreek leaves.
8. Mix nicely now add butter and garam masala powder mix and leave for Dum (steam) for few minutes on low flame.
9. After few minutes you will see oil come up remove from heat serve in a serving bowl.
10. Sprinkle chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve with Nan or Pulao Rice
Variations: Add some fresh fenugreek leaves. Add some fresh cream to make it extra smooth, This can be prepared with chicken, beef too.