Paala Kova (పాల కోవా, டூத் கோவை, दूध पेडा) also called Doodh Peda. Palakova is a wonderful and a traditional rich sweet which is made up of milk , sugar and ghee. It is a very popular recipe in South India.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (155.6 K cal), Carbohydrates (18.1 g), Protein (5.5 g), Fat (7.0 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Milk (Powder) 2 cups
- Butter (unsalted) 3 tbsp
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Cardamoms (crushed) 4
- Pista (crushed) 1 tbsp
- Mix butter and milk powder, and add milk to make soft dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
- Crumble it with your finger breaking all the lumps.
- Make sugar syrup of one strand and put the crumbled dough.
- Keep stirring till it starts leaving the pan.
- Remove it when it starts leaving the pan and cool it lightly.
- Make small balls and flatten it into a shape of Peda.
- Decorate it with cardamom and pista powder on the top.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. chocolate paala kova.
No comments yet.