Onion Pakoda(ఉల్లిపాయ పకోడీ , வெங்காயம் பகோடா, प्याज पकोड़ा) Onion pakoda is all time favorite for any age group in India and who need a light evening snack with tea/coffee. This crispy pakoda goes well with or without tomato sauce and can be used as side dish for variety of rice preparations like lemon rice, tamrind rice etc, the left over pokadas are made in to curries
Regional Dish: All over India
Cuisine Style: NorthIndia | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Tea |Served : Snack| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 3 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (2 nos)
Calories (90 kcal), Carbohydrate (9 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (5 g).
- Gram Flour/ Besan 1 cup
- Rice Flour 1/4 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Big Onion sliced length wise 1 cup
- Curry leaves 2 sprigs
- Ginger finely sliced 1 piece
- Green chillies 2 number finely chopped
- Oil to fry
- Oil or butter 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
1. Mix all ingredients above (except oil for frying). No need to add water as the water from onion, salt and oil will be enough, if u feel dough is too dry just sprinkle water to make it wet so that you can hold the dough.
2. Heat oil in a pan. When oil is heated take a handful of dough and using index and thumb fingers pinch little dough directly into oil like pakodas.
3. Fry until crispy brown, drain and remove well.
Other varients / Cuisine Style : None.