Onion Dosa (ఉల్లిపాయ దోస, ஒனியன் தோச, प्याज डोसा )Onion dosa is nothing but a variation of plain dosa , Onions are added to this dosa.
Regional Dish: Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Take with Pickle | Type Breakfast | Shelf Life : half day |Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories (300 Kcal), Carbohydrates (34 g), Protein (8 g), Fat (4 g).
- Rice 2 cups
- Urad Dal 1 cup
- Fenugreekseeds 1/2 tablespoon
- Channa Dal 1/4 cup
- Jeera Powder ¼ tsp
- Onions 2 finely chopped
- Green Chillies 5 finely chopped
1. Soak urad dal , channadal fenugreekseedsand rice in cold water preferably overnight.
2. Grind the soaked dal and rice to make a smooth paste. Add salt to this paste and mix well until it becomes a batter of semi-liquid consistency. Allow it to ferment for at least 3 hours.
3. In the meanwhile, mix the chopped onions, green chilies and coriander leaves with salt and cumin powder in a bowl. Keep it aside.
4. Now heat a flat pan on high flame.
5. Apply little oil to the heated pan and then carefully pour a tbsp of batter onto the pan and immediately spread it evenly in a circular shape.
6. Add a little oil to it and spread about 2 tsp of the onions-chilli-coriander-cumin and salt mixture on the uncooked side and wait for a few seconds.
7. Turn over the dosa and again apply some oil to cook the other side.
8. Onion Dosa is ready to eat. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Onion Dosa mixing with rava.
No comments yet.