Oats upma (ഒഅട്സ ഉപമ, ఓట్స్ ఉప్మా, ஓட்ஸ் உபம, ओट्स नमकीं) is inexpensive and quick to prepare, a bowl of oatmeal lends itself beautifully to healthy additions like dried fruit, nuts.
Regional dish : Kerala; Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; North India and in some parts of world.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with cutney | Type Breakfast | Shelf Life : 1 day|Quantity : 2 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Energy (300 kcal), Carbohydrates (30 gm), Protein (5g) , Fat ( 1g) , lots of fiber
- Oats1 cup
- Mixed vegetables like carrot, green beans and peas 2 cups
- Onion 1 medium
- Few curry and coriander leaves
- Small piece ginger 1
- Green chillies 3
- Chickpeas powder (chana dal) 1 tsp
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water 4 cups
- Heat one tbsp of oil in a pan or kadai.
- Add mustard, jeera and chana dal. Once it splutters, add chopped onion and sauté till golden brown.
- Add chopped chillies and ginger and saute for 3 minutes. Add the mixed vegetables and 4 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and oats and mix thoroughly.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the oats are cooked.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Spicy Oats upma 2. Vegetable Oats upma.
No comments yet.