Oats dosa (ఓట్స్ దోసె, ஓட்ஸ் தோச, ओट्स दोसे) is packed with thiamine, iron and dietary fiber, this nutritional superstar deserves some recognition. It is one of the healthiest breakfast.
Regional dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South and North India; some parts of the world.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 mins | Take with Chutney | Type Breakfast | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calculated for 1 serving (2nos)
Calories 424.3 Kcal), Carbohydrates 53.7 g), Protein (10.2 g), Fat 15.4 g).
- Oats 2 cups
- Rice 2 tbsp
- Buttermilk/Yogurt (enough to soak and cover the oats)
- Green chillies 2
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Water as required
- Finely chopped coriander 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (optional) 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Add the rice and oats into a bowl carefully seeing to it that all the husk if any is removed.
- To this add buttermilk or yogurt and allow it to soak for 20 minutes.
- When soaked, pour it into a blender and grind well.
- Add salt, asafoetida, chopped green chillies, coriander and a little water to get the dosa better consistency.
- Heat the girdle and start making dosa. Please note, this dosa will not be crisp. It will be a little soft but very tasty.
- Savour it with coriander chutney.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Oats with vegetable Dosa.