Nuvvula Kura ( Sesame Seeds Curry ) (నువుల కూర, तिल सब्जी, તલ કરી) This curry is very much authentic to Andhra Pradesh, in this recipe we are using white sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are rich in calcium, vitamins B1 and E.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take it Rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life: 1 days| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (55Kcals), Carbohydrates (6.5g), Protein (1.2g), Fat (2g).
- Sesame seeds (nuvvulu) – 1 cup
Onions – 2 medium sized chopped finely
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
Garlic cloves – 4
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp.
Chili powder – 1/2 tsp. (adjust according to your spice level)
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tsps.
- Grind garlic, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds in to coarsely. To it add sesame seeds and grind to a coarse powder and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, chopped onions and turmeric. Allow the onions to turn light brown in color.
- Reduce the heat to medium; add ground sesame powder, salt to taste and fry for about 8 mins so that the curry doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Add chili powder and fry for another 5 mins on low flame till the curry turns golden brown, keep mixing in between to avoid burning.
- Serve hot with steamed rice, a dollop of ghee.