Nuvvula Podi (నువ్వులు పొడి, तिल पाउडर,ಎಳ್ಳಿನ ಪುಡಿ): Nuvvulu means Sesame which is good for health when taken in moderation. This simple recipe is authentic to costal andhra which is spicy with just 3 basic ingredients. It is taken with hot rice , ghee or oil and also added to different curries.
Regional Dish : Andhra; karnataka and South India .
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 10 minutes | Take it with rice , and also added to curries| Type powder | Shelf Life : 2 weeks
Appx. Nutritional values :
Ingredients to serve :
- Sesame seeds( white nuvvulu): 1 cup
- Red Chillies: 8 nos
- Salt: to taste
- Fry the Sesame seeds in dry pan until they turn light brown , fluffy and release aroma.
- Fry the red chillies using little oil and keep them aside.
- Let the above ingredients cool for some time.
- Grind them into coarse powder using the blender.
- Add salt and store it in a airtight container.