Nuvvula Pachadi (నువ్వుల పచ్చడి, तिल की चटनी) This chutney is full of flavor as it is made with sesame seeds. It is very rich in healthy fatty acids, minerals and vitamins that are very good for our body. The aroma of sesame seeds comes when they are slightly roasted.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, North india.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 mins | Take it rice/roti/ dosa, vada | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 tbsp.)
Calories (55Kcals), Carbohydrates (2.1g), Protein (1.5g), Fat (4.9g)
- ½ cup Sesame seeds ( white variety)
- 3 Tbsp. of tamarind pulp ( or a ½ lemon size whole tamarind soaked in 4 tbsp. of water)
- 6 nos Dry Red chilies or green chilies
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. oil
- For tampering
- 1 tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 red chili broken in to pieces
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- In a shallow pan add 1 tbsp. of oil and shallow fry sesame seeds and red chilies , the sesame seeds start to puff and become golden in color and start to give aroma and also the red chilies puff, take them off the heat and allow them to cool completely.
- Grind the cooled above mixture of roasted sesame seeds, red chilies, tamarind, salt and some water to a fine paste.
- In a small pan add 1 tbsp. of oil splutter cumin, mustard, red chili pieces and curry leaves , add this to the sesame paste , flowed by turmeric .
- The consistency of pachadi can be made accordingly to once requirement, it you want it runny\ , add more water.
- Variation: Add some jaggery.
- Sesame pachadi made using green chilies
- Sesame seed pachadi made with grated coconut, tomato, mint, green mango, ridge gourd, tindora, peanuts.