Nuvvula Laddu (எள் லடூ, నువ్వుల లడ్డు, तिल लड्डू) This sweet is made for special occasions all over India with variations. Sesame Seeds Ladoo (nuvvulu/Till) is especially made during Navarathiri festival in Tamil Nadu and for Pongal in many parts of India . This is a very healthy yet tasty recipe.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra; Kerala; Karnataka; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 3 days | Quantity : 30 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calcualted for 1 serving ( 1laddu)
Calories (139.4 K cal), Carbohydrates (5.8 g), Protein (3.2 g), Fat (9.1 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- White Sesame seeds (Til) (Nuvvulu) 2 Cups
- Puffed Bengal gram Dal & Roasted peanuts together 1 Cup .
- Coconut 1 Cup
- Jaggery 3 Cups
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Make coarse powder of puffed Bengalgram dhal and roasted peanuts (groundnuts) and set a side.
- Dry roast the grated coconut in a skillet till it turns yellow in color.
- We are using white sesame seeds that is with out skin , dry roast these also in a skillet till they turn golden color and also become puffed , now allow it to cool off .
- Grind the sesame seeds in a blender.
- Heat a wide and thick bottom pan , put 1tbsp of oil , jaggery and sprinkle water so that jaggery becomes wet and keep on stirring till all the jaggery get melted and starts boiling , at this point add the sesaem seeds paste , bengalgram and peanuts powder and coconut powder and keep stirring till all get blended well , and take this mixture out of heat and allow it to cool .
- Once it is cooled to a stage that can be handled , scoop out a spoon full into palms and make it into round shape laddus and allowthem to rest , once they get hard store it in a air tight container.
Note : while making laddu’s if the mixture stick to hands , apply oil to palms to avoid sticking and also this makes the process of making laddu’s easy.
Other variants / Cuisine Style :1. Chimmili ( andhra style); 2. Simple till laddu; 3. till laddu with dry fruits.