Nimmakaya Pulihora (నిమ్మకాయ పులిహోర, எலுமிச்சை அரிசி, नींबू का चावल) This dish is therefore cooked for almost all good occasions and during festive days. It is also distributed in temples under the name of Prasadam. In the North coastal part of Andhra Pradesh, people used to call it Saddi but younger generations may not know this name. Pulihora can be made with a variety of combinations using mango, lemon and tamarind. It is a good option for lunch or dinner.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it Breakfast or Prasadam | Type Rice | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (122 Kcal), Carbohydrates (16.87 g ), Protein (1.77 g), Fat (1.48 g).
- Rice 250 gms
- Lemon 2
- Ginger 1 ” piece
- Curry leaves 2 sprigs
- Green chillies 5
- Grated fresh carrot 2 tbsp.
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tbsp
- Channa dal 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida pinch
- Salt to taste
- Coriander 2 sprigs
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Wash and soak rice for atleast half an hour.
- Cook it such that each grain is separate.
- Spread it in a big bowl and add salt , turmeric and some salt.
- Mix well and leave it to cool.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, mustard and cumin seeds.
- When they splutter add green chillies , chopped ginger , channa dal and urad dal.
- Saute for a minute and curry leaves ,mix them well and remove from fire.
- Add this to the cooked rice along with lemon juice, grated carrot and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix them well and leave for ten minutes. Serve with pickle and papads.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. lemon rice with groundnuts , with cashew nuts
2.lemon rice with cashew nuts