Nilva Allam Pachadi (నిల్వ అల్లం పచ్చడి, பாதுகாத்தல் இஞ்சி ஊறுகாய், अदरक अचार) It is mostly served with Breakfast items like Dosa , Idli , Upma.It is sweet and spicy pickle.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with rice, Idli or Dosa | Type pickle | Shelf Life : 3 months | Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 250 g of ginger
Calories (80 K cal), Carbohydrates (8 g), Protein (1 g), Fat (5 g).
- Ginger 250 gms
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tea cup ( 125 gms )
- Tamarind 250 gms
- Jaggery 250gms
- Garlic 2
- Salt to taste
- Red Chillies 5
- Mustard Seeds 3 tbl spoons
- Chana Dal 3 tbl spoons
- Urad Dal 3 tbl spoons
- Curry leaves 3
- Fenugreek Seeds 2 tbl spoons
- Oil 200 gms
- Wash Ginger and peel ginger and cut into pieces.
- Add hot water in tamarind and take that as thick juice.
- Now take ginger pieces, tamarind juice, 1 full garlic, jaggery pieces, fenugreek seeds, red chilli powder, salt and grind them to a fine paste.
- Take Pan add oil in that and heat it. Now add mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, 1 full crushed garlic cloves, red chillies, curry leaves and fry it.
- Now add grinded ginger mix to this.
- Once it is cool, store it in a air tight glass or ceramic container.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Mamidiallam pachidi, with ginger mamidiallam is added to make this pickle.