Nankatai (नानखटाई, నాన్ కటై, நன்கடை) is a simple India cookie recipe which can be easily baked at home. Nankatai is a usual biscuit available in all bakeries in India, also known as Benne Biscuits in different places. These rich and cute shortbreads cookies are in two variations like sugar or savory ones with salt and cumin seeds, comes in different flavours like almonds, kesar, cardamom, vanilla and also spicy ones.
Regional Dish : Maharastra; Punjab; Gujarat;Delhi;North India.
Cuisine Style : Maharastra | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 2 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (1no) : Calories (150 Kcal), Carbohydrates (30 g), Protein (0 g), Fat (8 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Plain flour (maida) 500 gms
- Powdered sugar 250 gms
- Vanaspati or ghee 250 gms
- Make fine paste of ghee, add powder sugar and mix it properly.
- Add flour to it spoon by spoon till you get proper dough.
- Make small rounds and flatten them.
- Bake them in oven for 15 -20 mins till they turn golden brown in color.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Chocolate Nankatai 2. Butter Nankatai.3. Salt Nankatai, 4.Jeera Nankatai