Namak Para (નામક પર, నమక్ పర, नमक परा) Namak Para is a typical Gujarati snack made with less ingredients and also less time to prepare . This is crunchy snack is best along with tea and it is stored for a week.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Punjab; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Taken with Tomato sauce | Type Snacks | Shelf Life : 5 days | Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1 cup)
Calories (326 K Cal), Carbohydrates (30 g), Protein (0 g), Fat (5.0 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- All purpose flour 3 cups
- Butter, melted 3 tbsp
- Curds 3 tbsp
- Ajwain seeds 3 tbsp (caraway seeds)
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Water to knead dough
Oil to fry (deep frying)
- Mix butter, curd, salt, ajwain & cumin seeds with the all purpose flour.
- Add little by little water & knead into a medium stiff dough.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Make small lemon sized balls. Roll them out to the thickness of quarters and later Cut them into 1/2″ strips length wise & then into 2″ length across.
- Heat oil to medium heat.
- Add the strips & fry on medium flame until golden in color.
- Once they are cooled to room temperature transfer them to a air-tight container
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.